Board Meeting Agenda
CLOSED SESSION – 2:30 P.M.
STUDY SESSION – 4:00 P.M.
1. Survey summary by Qualtrics.
2. Boundary meeting update.
BOARD MEETING – 6:00 P.M.
Pledge of Allegiance
Alpine Foundation Recognitions
- Six individuals will be recognized by the Alpine Foundation for their service.
- Several students will be recognized for their excellence.
Principal, PTA, and School Community Council Report
- The principal, PTA president and SCC Chair will report to the Board.
- The public will be given an opportunity to address the Board.
- There is an agenda time limit of 30 minutes, maximum, for public comment.
- Patrons who wish to address the Board are asked to sign up prior to the meeting on a sheet
- provided at the door.
- Those addressing the Board are each given 3 minutes.
- There is no sharing of the 3-minute period.
- There will be follow-up with a staff member, with oversight from the Superintendent.
- Representatives of a group are given 5 minutes.
- The Board may ask for the group to raise their hands to see how many are in attendance for a specific issue.
- If a large group needs more time, the Board may arrange a time for them to meet with district
Note: Community Comments – Time set aside for community comments is not a time to discuss specific personnel issues. Personnel issues are not appropriate discussion items for an open-meeting environment. If you have a personnel concern, we as that you contact a member of the administration or put your concern in writing and address it to the Board of Education.
- Reappointment of Business Administrator Rob Smith
- Bond Resolution 2017-022 – Consider adoption of a resolution providing for the issuance of general obligation bonds.
- Student Trip Request – Lehi High School
- 2018 Board Meeting Schedule
- Proposed Orem Consolidation & New Construction Plan
Board Member Committee Reports
- Board members and Superintendent Jarman will share committee reports.
- A closed session will be held to discuss personnel, property, matters of litigation and collective bargaining.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individual needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Elizabeth Wilson, 801-610-8460, at least three working days prior to the meeting for a complete copy of this agenda, with attachments, please go online to board.alpineschools.org/meetings