Board Meeting Agenda
STUDY SESSION – 4:00 P.M.
A study session will be held prior to the regular board meeting. The purpose of the study session will be to review UCAS results and School Grading results for Alpine School District. We will also review grants received by Alpine School District.
BOARD MEETING – 6:00 P.M.
Pledge of Allegiance
- The public will be given an opportunity to address the Board.
- There is an agenda time limit of 30 minutes, maximum, for public comment.
- Patrons who wish to address the Board are asked to sign up prior to the meeting on a sheet
- provided at the door.
- Those addressing the Board are each given 3 minutes.
- There is no sharing of the 3-minute period.
- There will be follow-up with a staff member, with oversight from the Superintendent.
- Representatives of a group are given 5 minutes.
- The Board may ask for the group to raise their hands to see how many are in attendance for a specific issue.
- If a large group needs more time, the Board may arrange a time for them to meet with district
- The minutes from the August 13, 2013 Board Meeting are attached for the Board’s review.
- The Claims for August are attached.
- Budget Report – The latest budget report is included for the Board’s review.
- Personnel Reports – The latest personnel actions are included for the Board’s review.
- Alpine Foundation Report – The latest Alpine foundation report is attached.
- Student Releases (SA, SA, CB, JB, TB, TC, MG, KG, TG, DL, CM, JM, MM, SR, CS, AT, AW) – The Board has received background information relative to the release of these students.
- Student Expulsion (GP) – The Board has received background information regarding the release of this student.
- Property Items
- Information regarding the annexation is included for the Board’s review.
- Information regarding a lot purchase for CTE is included for the Board’s review.
- Reappointment of Business Administrator Rob W. Smith for another 2 years.
- Change of location for October 8, 2013 Board Meeting from the District Office to Westmore Elementary.
- Report on School Opening
Board Members’ and Superintendent’s Information Items
- Board members and Superintendent Henshaw will share information items.
- A closed session will be held to discuss personnel, property, matters of litigation and collective bargaining.